Day of Play Extravaganza!
On Wednesday, July 27, Philly Play is honored to present the Day of Play Extravaganza, an event we are organizing jointly with the Health Promotion Council during the Democratic National Convention to connect young people from Philadelphia to the convention and to amplify the importance of giving children access to active play every day.
The Day of Play will showcase Philadelphia’s playful side by giving delegates, their families, local families, and out-of-state visitors an opportunity to participate in a one-day, unique, outdoor event right in Center City. Active play programs are perfect for children ages seven to 12, although everyone is welcome. Organizations from around the city will provide participants young and old with the opportunity to dance, build, play, cook, and more!
So bring your own family down to City Hall on Wednesday, July 27, and join us for the Day of Play! There is no cost and all are welcome!
The Day of Play will:
- Educate families about the crucial role of active playtime in child development;
- Empower parents to demand healthy environments for their children at recreation centers and in schools;
- Eliminate the barriers to active play;
- Create an environment that fosters and supports healthy lifestyles; and
- Showcase Philadelphia’s commitment to developing and implementing policies and programs that make it the most playful, active, and healthy city in the nation.
Location: Dilworth Plaza and City Hall Courtyard
Date: July 27, 2016
Time: 10am – 3pm
Ages: Perfect for kids 7-12, but all are welcome
Philly Play Sponsors